Module 1: Implementing Advanced Network Services
This module describes how to configure advanced features in the Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) with Windows Server 2012, and it covers IP Address Management (IPAM).
• Configuring Advanced DHCP Features
• Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
• Implementing IPAM
Lab : Implementing Advanced Network Services
Module 2: Implementing Advanced File Services
This module describes how to configure and manage iSCSI and BranchCache, and how to implement Windows 2012 features that optimize storage utilization, such as File Server Resource Manager, file classification, and data duplication.
• Configuring iSCSI Storage
• Configuring BranchCache
• Optimizing Storage Usage
Lab : Implementing Advanced File Services
Lab : Implementing BranchCache
Module 3: Implementing Dynamic Access Control
This module describes how to plan and implement Dynamic Access Control.
• Overview of Dynamic Access Control
• Planning for Dynamic Access Control
• Deploying Dynamic Access Control
Lab : Implementing Dynamic Access Control
Module 4: Implementing Distributed Active Directory Domain Services Deployments
This module describes the components of a highly complex AD DS deployment, which includes implementing a distributed AD DS deployment and configuring AD DS forest trusts.
• Overview of Distributed AD DS Deployments
• Deploying a Distributed AD DS Environment
• Configuring AD DS Trusts
Lab : Implementing Complex AD DS Deployments
Module 5: Implementing Active Directory Domain Services Sites and Replication
This module describes how replication works in a Windows Server 2012 AD DS environment, including how to configure AD DS sites so that you can optimize AD DS network traffic and how to configure and monitor AD DS replication.
• Overview of AD DS Replication
• Configuring AD DS Sites
• Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
Lab : Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
Module 6: Implementing Active Directory Certificate Services
This module describes the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) components and concepts. It covers implementing a certification authority infrastructure, planning and implementing a certificate template deployment using an AD CS certification authority, and planning and implementing certificate distribution and revocation.
• PKI Overview
• Deploying CAs
• Deploying and Configuring CA Hierarchy
• Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
• Implementing Certificate Distribution and Revocation
• Managing Certificate Recovery
Lab : Deploying and Managing Certificates
Module 7: Implementing Active Directory Rights Management Services
This module describes the AD RMS features and functionality. It explains how to use AD RMS to configure content protection, and deploy and manage an AD RMS infrastructure.
• AD RMS Overview
• Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
• Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
• Configuring External Access to AD RMS
Lab : Implementing AD RMS
Module 8: Implementing Active Directory Federation Services
This module provides identity federation business scenarios, and it describes how to use AD FS to address such scenarios. It explains how to configure AD FS prerequisites, deploy AD FS services, enable single sign-on (SSO) for an organization, and enable SSO between federated business partners.
• Overview of AD FS
• Deploying AD FS
• Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
• Deploying AD FS in a B2B Federation Scenario
Lab : Implementing AD FS
Module 9: Implementing Network Load Balancing
This module describes how to plan and implement NLB. It will cover managing and configuring an NLB cluster and validating high availability for an NLB cluster.
• Overview of NLB
• Configuring an NLB Cluster
• Planning an NLB Implementation
Lab : Implementing Network Load Balancing
Module 10: Implementing Failover Clustering
This module describes the failover clustering features in Windows Server 2012. It explains how to implement a failover cluster, configure highly available applications and services on a failover cluster, maintain a failover cluster, and use new maintenance features such as Cluster Aware Updating (CAU). It will also cover how to implement multi-site failover clustering.
• Overview of Failover Clustering
• Implementing a Failover Cluster
• Configuring Highly Available Applications and Services on a Failover Cluster
• Maintaining a Failover Cluster
• Implementing a Multi-Site Failover Cluster
Lab : Implementing Failover Clustering
Module 11: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
This module describes the options for making virtual machines highly available. It explains
how to implement virtual machines in a failover cluster that was deployed on a host and how you can move a virtual machine or its storage. In addition, it provides a high-level overview of System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) 2012.
• Overview of Integrating Hyper-V with Failover Clustering
• Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machines on Failover Clusters
• Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machine Movement
• Managing Hyper-V Virtual Environments by Using VMM
Lab : Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
Module 12: Implementing Disaster Recovery
This module describes considerations for implementing a disaster recovery solution, and how to plan and implement a backup solution for Windows Server 2012. In addition, it explains how to plan and implement server and data recovery using Windows Server backup and Microsoft Online backup.
• Overview of Disaster Recovery
• Implementing Windows Server Backup
• Implementing Server and Data Recovery
Lab : Implementing Windows Server Backup and Restore