Module 1: Installing and Configuring Servers Based on Windows Server 2012
This module covers the installation and initial configuration and management of Windows Server 2012. It also explains how to configure remote management in Windows Server 2012.
• Installing Windows Server 2012
• Configuring Windows Server 2012
• Configuring Remote Management for Windows Server 2012 Servers
Lab : Installing and Configuring Servers Based on Windows Server 2012
Module 2: Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2012
This module covers monitoring and maintenance tasks when managing Windows Server 2012. It also explains the options for backup in Windows Server 2012 including Windows Server Backup and Microsoft Online Backup. It also describes server and data recovery options.
• Monitoring Windows Server 2012
• Implementing Windows Server Backup
• Implementing Server and Data Recovery
Lab : Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2012
Module 3: Managing Windows Server 2012 by Using Windows PowerShell 3.0
This module explains the features and functionality of Windows PowerShell 3.0. It also describes managing Windows Server 2012 servers and AD DS with Windows PowerShell.
• Overview of Windows PowerShell 3.0
• Using Windows PowerShell 3.0 to Manage AD DS
• Managing Servers by Using Windows PowerShell 3.0
Lab : Managing Servers Running Windows Server 2012 by Using Windows PowerShell 3.0
Module 4: Managing Storage for Windows Server 2012
This modules describes new storage features in Windows Server 2012 such as data deduplication, thin provisioning and trim storage, File Server Resource Manager, and Resilient File System (ReFS). The module also describes iSCSI and storage spaces as well as how to implement BranchCache.
• New Features in Windows Server 2012 Storage
• Configuring iSCSI Storage
• Configuring Storage Spaces in Windows Server 2012
• Configuring BranchCache in Windows Server 2012
Lab : Managing Storage for Servers Based on Windows Server 2012
Lab : Implementing BranchCache
Module 5: Implementing Network Services
This module describes the new features in DNS and DHCP in Windows Server 2012. It also explains how to implement IP Address Management(IPAM) and Network Access Protection (NAP) with VPN, IPsec, DHCP, and 802.1x.
• Implementing DNS and DHCP Enhancements
• Implementing IP Address Management
• NAP Overview
• Implementing NAP
Lab : Implementing Network Services
Module 6: Implementing DirectAccess
This module describes the new features and functionality with DirectAccess in Windows Server 2012. It also explains how to implement and configure various components of DirectAccess such as AD DS and DNS. It also discusses the Name Resolution Policy table (NRPT) and the client-side requirements for Windows 7 and Windows 8.
• Overview of DirectAccess
• Installing and Configuring DirectAccess Components
Lab : Implementing DirectAccess
Module 7: Implementing Failover Clustering
This module describes new features and functionality in Failover Clustering in Windows Server 2012. It also explains how to implement Failover Clustering and how to configure specific server roles in a cluster, such as a File Server. It also explains new maintenance features such as Cluster Aware Updating (CAU).
• Overview of Failover Clustering
• Implementing a Failover Cluster
• Configuring Highly-Available Applications and Services on a Failover Cluster
• Maintaining a Failover Cluster
• Implementing a Multi-Site Failover Cluster
Lab : Implementing Failover Clustering
Module 8: Implementing Hyper-V
This module explains how to configure Hyper-V and Hyper-V storage options in Windows Server 2012. It also describes networking features and various feature options and requirements in Hyper-V 3.0 as well as how to configure virtual machines.
• Configuring Hyper-V Servers
• Configuring Hyper-V Storage
• Configuring Hyper-V Networking
• Configuring Hyper-V Virtual Machines
Lab : Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
Module 9: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
This module explains how to make virtual machines highly available and how to implement virtual machines in a failover cluster deployed on the host. It also explains the movement of virtual machines on virtual machine storage. It also provides a high level overview of System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) 2012.
• Overview of the Integration of Hyper-V with Failover Clustering
• Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machines on Failover Clusters
• Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machine Movement
• Managing Hyper-V Virtual Environments by Using System Center Virtual Machine Manager
Lab : Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
Module 10: Implementing Dynamic Access Control
This module explains how to implement Dynamic Access Control (DAC) in Windows Server 2012. It also describes core DAC concepts such as claims, Central Access Rules, and policies and their implementation.
• Overview of Dynamic Access Control
• Planning for a Dynamic Access Control Implementation
• Implementing and Configuring Dynamic Access Control
Lab : Implementing Dynamic Access Control
Module 11: Implementing Active Directory Domain Services
This module explains the advanced implementation of Active Directory domain controllers in Windows Server 2012 such as server core deployments, read-only domain controllers (RODCs), and cloning. It also explains domain controller configuration, managed service accounts, Group Policy implementation, and maintenance tasks for AD DS.
• Deploying AD DS Domain Controllers
• Configuring AD DS Domain Controllers
• Implementing Service Accounts
• Implementing Group Policy in AD DS
• Maintaining AD DS
Lab : Implementing AD DS
Module 12: Implementing Active Directory Federation Services
This module explains Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and how it can be used to address various organizational and business identity federation services and scenarios. It also describes configuration of prerequisites and the deployment of the AD FS services. It also explain implementing AD FS to enable internal single sign on (SSO) in an organization and implementing AD FS to enable SSO between federated partners.
• Overview of Active Directory Federation Services
• Deploying Active Directory Federation Services
• Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
• Deploying AD FS in a Business to Business Federation Scenario
Lab : Implementing AD FS