Module 1: Introduction to Azure
This module provides the students a high level introduction to Azure.
• Cloud Technology Overview
• Microsoft Azure
• Azure Portals
• Managing Azure with Windows PowerShell
Module 2: Implementing and Managing Virtual Networks
In this module students will learn how to Implement Virtual Networks, why they are important and how to manage them post-implementation
• Planning Virtual Network
• Administering Virtual Networks
• Inter-Site Connectivity
Module 3: Implement Virtual Machines
In this module students will learn how to plan and implement virtual machines, including use of the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) for Azure toolkit. Students will learn about the differences between on-premise and Azure virtual machines, and of different ways to implement VMs.
• Planning Virtual Machine Workloads
• Using the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit for Azure
• Creating Virtual Machines
Module 4: Managing Virtual Machines
Having previously learnt how to implement virtual machines students will now learn how to manage the machines they have implemented.
• Configuring Virtual Machines
• Managing and Monitoring Virtual Machines
Module 5: Implementing Websites
In this module students will learn how to plan for website deployment, covering different levels of website and differing deployment models. They will then learn how to deploy a website, how to configure the site, how to monitor the performance of the site, what Webjobs are and how to use them and finally what Traffic Manager is and how it is used.
• Planning for Website Deployment
• Deploying Websites
• Configuring Websites
• Monitoring Websites and WebJobs
• Traffic Manager
Module 6: Planning and Implementing Storage
In this module students will look at types of storage, how to choose/plan storage, storage accounts, and affinity groups. They will move on to learn how implement BLOBs and azure files, recovery services and backup, diagnostics, monitoring, and analytics.
• Planning Storage
• Implementing and Managing Storage
• Backing up and Monitoring Storage
Module 7: Planning and Implementing Data Services
In this module students will look at the differences between SQL databases on-premise and Azure SQL databases. They will learn how to implement Azure SQL databases, how to migrate data to SQL Azure, how to monitor the databases once created in Azure and about business continuity using database copy and export, Self-service restore and Geo-replication.
• Data Services in Microsoft Azure
• Implementing Azure SQL Database
• Managing Azure SQL Database Security
• Monitoring Azure SQL Database
• Managing Azure SQL Database Business Continuity
Module 8: Implementing Cloud Services and Mobile Services
In this module students will look at cloud services and how they compare to VM and website execution models. They will also look at Web roles and worker roles. They will then move onto learn about deploying and configuring cloud services. They will also look a mobile services, at how to create, deploy and configure. Finally they will learn about monitoring and diagnostics
• Planning for Cloud Service Deployment
• Deploying Package
• Configuring Cloud Services
• Implementing Mobile Services
• Monitoring and Diagnostics
Module 9: Implementing Content Delivery Networks and Media Services
In this module students learn what a content delivery network is and how to implement one. They then move on to look at Azure Media Services, and how to utilize media in Azure.
• Implementing Azure Content Delivery Networks
• Publishing Content with Azure Media Services
Module 10: Implementing Azure Active Directory
In this module students will learn how to implement Azure Active directory, and then manage users within the directory. They will also look at adding customer domains, at multi-factor authentication and at application integration with Azure active Directory. Finally they will learn about the features and benefits offered by Azure Active Directory Premium.
• Creating and Managing Azure Directories
• Configuring Application Integration with Azure Active Directory
• Overview of Azure Active Directory Premium
Module 11: Managing Active Directory in a Hybrid Environment
In this module students learn about managing Active Directory in a Hybrid environment. They start by looking at extending the on-premises active directory into the cloud, and how to manage Office 365 users. They then move on to learn about Directory Synchronization (Dir Synch) and federation (AD FS).
• Extending On-Premises Active Directory into Azure
• Directory Synchronization
• Implementing Federation
Module 12: Implementing Automation
This module starts with an introduction to automation and the components. The student then moves on to look at PowerShell Workflows, particularly the move from PowerShell scripts to worklows and finally looks at managing automation through creating and publishing runbooks, creating and scheduling jobs and monitoring job execution.
• Overview of Automation Components
• PowerShell Workflows
• Managing Automation